Skip To Content


Storm Damage and Trees

How can I dispose of tree branches that have fallen on my property as a result of storm damage?

Tree branches that have fallen on private property as a result of a storm must be bundled the same way as required for normal curbside collection. Residents with large fallen trees on private property may consider contracting a tree removal company or dispose of branches and stumps at the Davenport Compost Facility for a fee.

If you see a downed power line, assume it is an energized electric line and don’t touch it. Touching an energized power line can be fatal. Call MidAmerican Energy at 800.799.4443 to report downed power lines.

Find more information on how to protect yourself, and others during severe weather events in our Energy Lifeline Emergency Preparedness Guide.