Skip To Content


Retaining Walls

Retaining Walls on Public Property
The City is responsible for investigating and replacing or repairing retaining walls on public property. If you have questions or concerns regarding a retaining wall, or to report a public retaining wall that is damaged or needs repair, submit a request for service or call us at 563.326.7923.

Retaining Walls on Private Property
Retaining walls over 48" in height and used for retaining purposes require submission of a building permit application with proper engineering from a structural engineer.